woensdag 8 augustus 2012

Humble Pie



Fortunately more goes on at La Maison Crook than just decorating. Though that happens quite a bit. I don't know how many times I have to go looking around for things that have been forcibly given a new home. Just this evening, I was looking for the kleenex box. Two weeks ago, it was on the shelf above the stove. Last week, it had been placed on the cupboard behind the table. And today, I discovered it in the windowsill. It seems to me that before one moves things as important as the kleenex box, vrouwlief should at least make some kind of public service announcement to the household.


After Lies laid Job down to sleep and I picked our car up from the mechanic's, we capped our day with a game of Scrabble and a piece of (humble) pie. The pie itself was tasty, only the circumstances left something to be desired. Somehow, yesterday evening I had the inspiration to suggest we play Scrabble together. At the end of a two-evening marathon, Lies came out on top by seven points, 322-317. As I ate my pie, I licked my wounds and comforted myself with the observation that if one's wife is happy, her husband is generally happier, too. But perhaps next time, she'll get to experience the joy of having a happy husband.




4 opmerkingen:

Anoniem zei

Hahahahaha!!! Meer kan ik niet zeggen van het lachen..maar super grappig!:)

liefss Anna

Anoniem zei

ooo, wat gezellig! Ik heb goesting om ook scrabble te kopen. Wat een geniaal idee. Nu mijn manlief nog over halen....
Wanneer gaan jullie een boek schrijven? Jullie schrijven allebei zo leuk!

Unknown zei

haha dank je, dat boek schrijven laat ik maar aan manlief over. ;)
Wie is de afzender trouwens? :)Ben wel benieuwd! :)

Anoniem zei

ik was het zusje....sorry
Suuzz